Thursday, June 15, 2006

Little guy

Hey this is the little green heron I have pictured in previous postings.

He survived the storm.

Still hanging out by his nest, but not in it anymore. He is just about fully feathered out, but there is still some down by his lower back. I took this picture today.

Went kayaking today and the river looked like it got a bath. The river is very very crystal clear. We had a very high tide after the storm and I think it scrubbed the river. It was truly magnificant.

No manatees around. I think they went out to the gulf for safety from the hurricane.

Brent made delicious clams with a butter/beer sauce tonight. He is trying to learn to cook and a great cook he is becoming.

Talked to Save the Manatees, they sent me a bunch of handouts. At first I thought I would put them at the boat rental place, but now I think I will give them out to people on the river while I am kayaking. The save the manatee lady also gave me great manatee counseling and told me I was making a difference.

Talk to you later, good night Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Tried to call you today to thank you and Kenny for having my best friend!

THANKS!
~~~~happy birthday my little ivy astra~~~~~

ps had a fun talk with brent-a-chino!
xo
erin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter