Monday, May 22, 2006

Humpy, back again




Saturday K and I went up river. It was early enough that the water wasn't muddied by drunken boaters. We spotted humpy and babe with the yearling foraging and slowly meandering upstream. We warned boaters of their presence. Most people were cautious and respectful of these guys.
LEAVE THEM ALONE
THEY BELONG HERE
THIS IS THEIR HOME
WHERE ELSE CAN THEY GO
THEY NEED THIS RIVER MORE THAN YOU
I took lots of pics of of humpy and sent them to ken at fish and wild life. He is monitoring her hump and overall health.
B is home from college after having a very sucessful year.

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I finally remembered to read it & now I'm hooked. Manatee Love!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter