Monday, May 15, 2006

KAYAK BIRTHDAY

FAN, the child manatee:

Cousin A came over for her B-day and a lovely day it was.

Fan, the manatee child was off my dock. He came right over to the kayak and I was able to shoot some great closeups.
We headed up river for a swim, and soon encountered Fan heading up stream. We decided to stick close by and warn motor boaters of his presence. We heard there were some crazy rental boat people upstream going way too fast. We actually guarded fan as they headed back down to return their boats. They were pretty cooperative and slowed down when we told them about Fan's presence. One actually turned his motor off and lifted his motor and Fan went right under his boat. Poor Fan would have been shreds had this boater not done this.

This whole river living is a love/hate affair for me. If I had to chose to move here on this river again, I don't think I would. It's just too painful.
I wish everyone on this river cared about the manatees that live here. All they have to do is slow down and keep an eye out.

Anyways, A and I went up to Knees Beach. It was late so we were the only ones there. We swam our hearts out and as usual I did some amphibious crawling. We were a little jumpier than usual, what with the recent alligator attacks. The water color was a beautiful crystal clear turquoise and the temp was delicious.

It was a great day and I hope A enjoyed her Birthday.

The pic below shows Fan in the river and the beautiful color and water clarity.



3 Comments:

At 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that bottom photo is amazing! i want to come visit! NOW!

 
At 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I've seen cleaner water anywhere!

It also amazes me that manatees & alligators live in the same waters...

I added you to my site, so others can check out your manatees too.

Aidana
HORSES:
http://www.blogcharm.com/ShuvaniStablesAllNaturalHorseAndLivestockRemedyAndProductBlog/
PETS:
http://www.blogcharm.com/KenderKennelPetCare/
EXOTICS:
http://www.blogcharm.com/shuvanimals/

 
At 2:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter